Friday, June 12, 2009
Ropes Course
I went through a ropes course for the first time yesterday. It was really fun. I was watching the group in front of mine go through it, thinking to myself, "Oh, this is no big deal, piece of cake..." blah, blah, blah. Then I got up there. I was surprised at how scared I was and not only that, but how difficult it was! I led the way for my girls so I had to act like I had it all under control, but really, I was fairly terrified. At the end of the course, there were two tall trees that had been stripped down to the trunk; one was thirty feet. The other, twenty. We had to choose one to climb up and then jump off. I figured, go big (quite literally) or go home, so I chose the thirty footer. I got to the top and the surface was barely large enough to fit both feet so I'm up there balancing, waiting for the okay to jump, but there is an extra challenge. They had put trapezes up there so we could try to grab them when we jumped off. Unfortunately, I did not jump far enough out to reach my trapeze, but I have plenty of weeks to perfect my jump, and I will do it one of these times. Anyway, it was a blast and I just wanted to share. Stay tuned...more campers to come on Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Does fairly terrified result in a need to change ones pants? I can hear it now as you perfect your jump and lead your team of female trapeze artists,"And now performing for your high flying entertainment THEEE FLYINGGGGG MACKENZEEEEES." What a thrill, the adrenaline had to be rushing the whole time. Its great you're able to experience that with your girls creating memories and impressions of a life time-yours and theirs.Way to go for it!
ReplyDelete