Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stuck

I'm trying to write a paper in which I am attempting to apply Barthes' theory of photography to a short story I recently read. The author of this story put an emphasis on photography as a theme for some reason and that is what I am trying to figure out currently. I'm running into problems however because this is a recently published book of short stories so my idea for the paper is rather original, which is good, but I don't have any additional research or scholarly ideas to supplement my own. This could be a really interesting paper, but I'm not feeling like it's going anywhere fast. So, here I am, trying to work out some of this irritation. Also, I was hoping that by writing here for a little bit I would get my mind off of the paper just enough to trick my brain into thinking of something brilliant to use. Unfortunately, it's not really working so it looks like I'm stuck. Poop.

1 comment:

  1. If reading from the ending I would have recommended a plunger. That seems to have a good track record when stuff is stuck. I soon discovered my error in reading that way and realized I was stiil caught up in the brilliance of Konnichiwa, and its influence on my thinking which of course led me to read the Japanese way.
    Well, maybe thats the Chinese way? Either way I was influenced and isn't that what blogs are largely about? If so, then you're already a blogger, coffee induced or not.

    Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.
    Saint Augustine

    ReplyDelete